Permanent Cosmetic Eyebrows
Brows have become an obsession! There are more than 3 million Instagram posts with #brows, and more than 500,000 tutorials on YouTube, all with different diagrams on how to get those perfect brows just for you.
Many times, clients have a hard time navigating through all the terms for permanent cosmetic eyebrow enhancement choices. A keynote point to remember is that a Certified Permanent Cosmetic Specialist will customize brows regardless of the label by blending multiple techniques for the most flattering outcome.
Just like any procedure in beauty you really need to trust and communicate with the artist. There are too many details but understanding some basics helps. Bring pictures of your favorite looking brows and showing what you do not prefer will go a long way in decoding the communication gap.
Permanent Cosmetics Brow Procedures
A History of Brows
50’s- Angled arch with a shorter tail(Marylyn Monroe&Lena Horne)
60’s–Full brows, but with a rounded, emphasized arch (Audrey Hepburn&Twiggy)
70’s - The Au Naturale -A thin, curved brow (Donna Summer & Diana Ross)
80’s ‘- The More is More - Ample brows, brushing the individual hairs upwards for an exaggerated look (Whitney Houston & Madonna)
90's –The Less is More - An abundance of pencil-thin brows (Kate Moss & Tyra Banks)
2000–A thin natural path (Cameron Diaz & Mandy Moore)
2010 –The Bold Brow - Bigger was better for brows (Kim Kardashian&Cara Delevingne)
Brow Types – Different Techniques
Soft Powder Brow (SP): the soft fill technique is akin to a powder finish much like makeup. The color is matched to your natural hair color and is used to fill in sparse areas in the eyebrows along with filling pigment throughout the entire brow. There are not defined strokes.
MicroBlading (MB): Utilizing a hand tool with superfine row of needles to create thin, hair like marks on the skin to deposit pigments into the upper region of the dermal layer of the skin.Because we’re impacting color closer to the surface, the strokes appear crisp and very fine. This is an advanced technique and should be performed by a certified MicroBlading artist.
Digital Hair Stokes (DGS): 3D Hair Stroke Eyebrows are hand drawn lines using a digital pen creating one hair stroke at a time with a single needle, which looks identical to MicroBlading.
Ombre Brow or a Combo Brow (OB): MicroBlading or digital stokes is the technique adding hair like strokes to add volume and hair like texture to perfect the shape. Powder Ombre- gives a light to dark Ombre, lighter at the bulb (front) of the brow and going darker towards the tail. Powder Ombre gives a soft powder makeup look that's still natural looking.
Idea Candidates suited for Permanent Cosmetic Brows?
- Individuals suffering from alopecia, trichotillomania or any other condition that causes hair loss
- Clients who already have full brows but desire bolder definition (OB)
- Active people wanting to look good when swimming, playing athletic games & aerobics without having to reapply makeup afterwards.
- Visually impaired people having difficulty applying their cosmetics.
- People with motor skill impairments, such as arthritis, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), stroke survivors & those with unsteady hands.
- Career people, at home mothers & other busy people who don’t want to spend time fussing with makeup.
- People who have jobs that prohibit them from wearing traditional cosmetics.
- Female Military Personnel
- Women who suffer from Fibromyalgia
Procedure Day – Things to Know
- Wear your normal makeup and bring your brow pencils to the office on the day of the procedure
- Refrain from the use of alcohol, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, ibuprofen, or other blood-thinning medications for seven days before and two days after any procedure.
- All permanent cosmetic procedures are multi-session processes. It willrequire at least one touch-up visit before it can be determined that your work is complete.
- Touch-up visits are scheduled at 4 to 6-week intervals or longer.
- Color intensity of your procedure will be significantly sharper, brighter, or darker than what is expected at the final outcome.
- Healing Time Ranges: Mild Soreness 1-2 days, Flaking 2-3 weeks and Full Healing 4-6 weeks.
After Care – Best Practices After Your Procedure
Sleeping slightly elevated helps alleviate swelling sometimes seen the morning after facial procedures.
Ice packs protected with a cloth may be applied as necessary to reduce swelling.
Wash your hands before touching any treated area.
Apply recommended healing agents sparingly.
Some itching is normal. DO NOT PICK, PEEL, OR SCRATCH the treated area or your color may heal unevenly, and you risk scarring and infection.
No makeup is to be applied for 72 hours after the procedure.
Do not expose your healing skin to direct sun, tanning beds, hot tubs, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools, direct shower spray, hot water, skin creams, ointments, or lotions other than what you have been instructed to use for 2 weeks following your procedure.
To find out more information about all our beauty procedures or learning at Beauty Everlasting Training Academy, contact us today.
550 Union Ave Ste. 4, Middlesex, NJ 08846, USA